Hello, my name is William Lawler and I'm with a company that's currently working on developing a haptics peripheral for VR that uses the leap motion for tracking. Would you by any chance be willing to work with my team and I on creating a version of this game where you can actually feel the texture of the ball and the weight of the club when you swing it? If so please send me a message my team and I would very much like to work with you.
A downloadable game for Windows
Ditch the golf swing mechanic and enjoy precision in this classy 9 hole minigolf course. Hand tracking offers fine control, precise aim and a chance at a hole in one on every green. Once you're sick of the volcano hole, you can practice swings and topple blocks in the driving range. Everybody hates the volcano hole.
How to play:
- Raise your hand to teleport to the stopped ball.
- Rotate hand while raised to orbit the camera around the ball. (We zero out your initial rotation each time you raise it.)
- Lower your hand in, and rotating your hand smoothly to hit the ball. (The club is tied to the center of your downfacing palm.)
Alt+Enter full screens the game (of course)
- M is for Mulligan. In case you or the Leap Motion really flubs a shot, you're encouraged to tap this key.
- ESC takes you back to the menu, and from there quits the game.
- I use my left hand, because it seems to track better, and is comfortable.
- Keep your fingers spread. This increases tracking accuracy.
- Swing smoothly. Too fast, and the physics engine will fail you.
- Stay out of the sand traps. You'll get sand in your shoes.
- Windows 7/8/10 64 bit
- Leap Motion
- nVidia GTX 580 or newer equivilant
- Not VR! Not now.
Although optimized, this game game is made to look great on gaming grade PCs with powerful GPUs at high frame rates.
It has not been tested on any machine running internal graphics, and has no guarentee of functionality.
If you would like to try this game on a different operating system or low powered device, contact us.
Download and Unzip.
Orient the Leap Motion so that the cable is away from you, instead of to the left or right.
The Leap Motion should now be perpendicular to you, not parallel like every other Leap Motion experience.
Rest your elbow on your desk.
Keep your fingers spread for optimal tracking.
Swinging too fast for the physics system will cause glitches. Every hole can be completed in par with smooth strokes.
Set leap interaction height to 20cm. This is default.
Auto Orient Tracking is helpful, and also on by default.